By: Gene Del Vecchio
Welcome to my site. Its objective is to help you create and market blockbuster films, TV shows, novels, and story-based video games and toys. So check out my new book, Creating Blockbusters!, review my previous books, read my blog, and contact me with questions. I’m here to help. The new book, Creating Blockbusters!, will show you how to create, develop, and market blockbuster screenplays, novels, and even story-based video games and toys. It is based upon my 30 years as a researcher and consultant in the entertainment and youth marketing business, insights drawn from other senior executives around the country, and new research among 400 audience members that details what audiences want. Just click here when you are ready to purchase. I have also had extensive experience across many other youth marketing categories including packaged goods, technology and more.
“Creating Blockbusters! is a blockbuster in itself…useful to creators not only of films, books, games, and toys, but of any story, of any size, in any format…fresh insight into the nature of narrative.” -Richard Walter, Professor and Screenwriting Chairman, UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television
It’s a must-have manual for anyone in the entertainment industry. If you are a writer, it will help you to generate great ideas and then craft heartfelt story lines and characters. If you are an entertainment executive, it will help you to identify and market stories with real potential. Those new to the industry will be given a lifetime’s worth of knowledge in just 300 pages, and veterans will benefit from insightful reminders. It offers a practical, 11-step program for developing screenplays, writing novels, developing story-based toy lines or video games, and developing marketing plans. Creating Blockbusters! will help you create blockbuster ideas that…
- Effectively satisfy your audiences’ core emotional needs!
- Are aligned with trends and pop culture!
- Have relatable and aspiring characters!
- Entice a broad audience!
- Are void of common development mistakes!
- Are capable of extending into a full fledged franchise that will last forever!
- Are the foundation of a successful marketing program!
Unlike other books written on the entertainment industry…
- This book provides insights to help you create and market not just any entertainment, but blockbusters.
- This book provides concrete tools to help you generate ideas, right now, for the next blockbuster.
- This book is written from the point of view of what audiences want to buy, not from the point of view of what you can sell to Hollywood (pandering to studio executives doesn’t equate to in-market success).
- This book provides new research on what audiences want, thus to get a fresh perspective.
- This book is from an author who is both a researcher and a writer/novelist; which allows him to bridge the gap between audience research and storytelling.
- This book reveals the hidden DNA beneath the art of storytelling.